The major objective of The Ark of DC is to offer services that support health promotion and educates our target population within local communities to enhance the quality of life and to provide innovative and high-quality services. We strive to help individuals with live in a meaningful way and to become productive citizens in their communities.
The Ark of DC’s mission is to provide individuals with physical, mental and developmental challenges the opportunity to reach their highest potential. Our dedicated professionals promote successful community living for individuals and work to enhance their dignity, self-esteem, and quality of life.
The Ark of DC’s goal is to provide individual-oriented state of the art, outcome-driven services in a creative and professional manner in order to ensure that individuals with mental and developmental challenges have the opportunity to live successfully in the community.
The Ark of DC’s major assignment is to offer a variety of comprehensive, innovative, high quality, educational, rehabilitative, residential, vocational, employment, and individual support options for adults with mental and physical challenges in a supportive environment to provide maximum opportunities for individual growth and community involvement and lead productive lives.
- The Ark of DC deems that all people should be afforded opportunities and resources to reach their goals and dreams. The individualized services provided will help offer support and assistance on the road to reaching those dreams and their full potential.
- The Ark of DC has provided quality care and compassionate support for individuals with mental and physical challenges and their families in the DC Metro area and surrounding communities. We’re local, independent and structured to meet your personal needs.
- Our talented staff members are selected for their special caring qualities, and our family of volunteers is carefully trained to provide the very best emotional and social support for you when you need it.
Our Treatment Focus
Our focus is to help individuals heal, energize, and become aware of their inner strengths. We achieve this by providing a neutral safe space, listening to your concerns, and customizing a treatment plan.
Our Patient Promise
We promise to be there for you every step of your journey. Our goal is to help you grow from your struggles, heal from your pain, and move forward to where you want to be in your life.
The Ark of DC’s beliefs are based on the principle that all individuals deserve to be cared for and treated with dignity and respect, and be assured the maximum opportunities for self-determination. This means that individuals with mental and developmental challenges should have the same options and prospects as all members of the community: The opportunity to establish friendships and participate in activities with disabled and non-disabled individuals in the community.
The opportunities to have choices, make decisions, and have control over aspects of their lives.
The opportunity to live in the community based environments, be included in community life, social life, and participate in a variety of community activities.
The opportunity to experience the network of community and natural supports.
Who We Are
At The Ark of DC, we are dedicated to helping individuals lead mentally healthy lives. We believe optimal health requires a commitment to care for your mind, body, and spirit.
It is common for us to take care of our physical needs by eating well or exercising and connecting with a presence larger than ourselves to attend to our spiritual needs. But when the time comes for us to take care of our minds, we often dismiss it. By ignoring our mental health, we overlook the very part of us that helps us know and achieve our best selves. We are here to help you through your mental health journey.
The Ark strives to touch the lives of as many individuals as possible by:
- Delivering a wide variety of programs and services to support individuals and families impacted by mental illness in ways that help them move toward recovery and help them achieve their potential.
- Educating the public about mental health and mental illness to eliminate stigma, labels, and prejudice.
- Providing information and referral services to navigate the complex delivery system that can impede access to mental health services.
- Advocating for policy and system changes that accord rights and benefits to individuals living with a mental illness.
- Promoting mental health and well-being through education and training.
Our organization is fortunate to work with the best minds in the business along with dedicated and caring volunteers who give of their time, talent and resources to ensure that we can serve our community for decades to come.